Cook time: Ready in about 50 minutes
Ready in: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving: FREE
This fuss-free chicken recipe will be a huge hit with the whole family.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 600g baby new potatoes, halved
- 500g vine tomatoes, halved
- 3 onions, quartered
- 200g baby courgettes, halved
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- A small handful of fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- A large handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 150ml chicken stock
Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Season the chicken and spray it with low-calorie cooking spray. Place a large frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the chicken and brown for 4-5 minutes, turning once or twice. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
Boil the potatoes for 2-3 minutes, then drain well and transfer them to a roasting tin. Add the tomatoes, onions, courgettes and red pepper and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Top with the chicken and sprinkle over the garlic, fresh and dried herbs, chilli flakes and lemon zest and juice. Pour over the stock and cover with foil.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft and the chicken is cooked through.
ARTICLE SOURCE : http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/herby-chicken-traybake.aspx