Prep. time: 20 minutes
Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving: 2
Tip: For a vegetarian recipe, leave out the bacon and replace the sausages with four Cauldron Foods Vegetarian Cumberland Sausages – this would be 1½ Syns per serving
- 300g Desirée potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5cm cubes
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 100g lean bacon rashers, all visible fat removed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 Sainsbury’s Be Good to Yourself Extra Lean Cumberland Sausages, each chopped into 3 pieces
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced into thick rings
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tbsp very finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g midi plum tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 25g reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling
water and cook for 10-12 minutes or until just tender. Drain well
and set aside.
Meanwhile spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray
and place over a high heat. Add the bacon, sausages, onion rings
and mushrooms and stir-fry for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add the potatoes to the mixture and stir to mix well.
Whisk the eggs with the chopped parsley and season well. Pour this
over the potato mixture, scatter over the tomatoes and cook over a
gentle heat for 8-10 minutes or until the base is set.
Sprinkle over the cheese and place under a preheated hot grill for
4-5 minutes or until lightly golden and set. Cut into thick wedges