Flavor-Filled Broccoli Recipes Ready In 30 Minutes
Syns : 4
- 1 c raw cashews
- 5 c low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 sm onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 c broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. SOAK cashews in hot water for 1 hour (or in cold water overnight). Drain. Blend cashews with 1 c of the vegetable broth until smooth. Set aside.
2. SAUTE onion, garlic, and broccoli in the canola oil in a large stockpot until onion begins to soften and broccoli is bright green, 3 to 4 minutes.
3. ADD the cashew mixture, the remaining vegetable broth, and the soy sauce. Bring mixture to a simmer and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, until broccoli is completely soft. Allow mixture to cool slightly.
4. TRANSFER mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Return soup to stockpot and add apple cider vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until hot. Serve.