- Low-calorie spray oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1ltr (1¾ pints) water or stock
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp artificial sweetener
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g (7oz) low-fat natural fromage frais
- Low-fat natural fromage frais
- Finely chopped tomatoes
- Spray a saucepan with oil spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery, garlic and carrot and stir-fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add the water or stock, tomatoes and sweetener and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15-20 mins. Remove from the heat, season well and, using a hand-held blender or food processor, blend until smooth. Return the soup to the pan and stir in the fromage frais.
- Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and serve immediately, garnished with a little fromage frais and chopped tomatoes.