Ready in 45 minutes
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-sized chunks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g fat-free natural yogurt
- 1 level tbsp ground almonds
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 small aubergine, cut into small chunks
- 1 tsp garam masala,1/2 tsp medium chilli powder, 1 tsp paprika, 2 tsp ground coriander and 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 100g green beans, halved
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- A small handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped, plus a few whole leaves to garnish
- Freshly boiled basmati rice and lime wedges, to serve
- Put the chicken in a shallow glass dish. Season, then add the yogurt and ground almonds. Stir, cover and chill for 30 mins.
- In a food processor, whizz the onion, ginger and garlic into a paste. Place a frying pan sprayed with low-calorie cooking spray over a medium heat. Add the onion paste and aubergine and stir-fry for 5 mins. Add all the spices and stir-fry for a further 2 mins. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Spray the pan with low-calorie cooking spray, add the chicken and marinade, and fry for 8 mins. Add the tomato purée and a splash of water and cook for 2 mins.
- Return the aubergine mixture to the pan. Add the beans, pepper and tomatoes. Season and simmer for 10-15 mins, or until cooked through. Stir in the chopped coriander and garnish with the whole leaves. Serve with the rice and lime wedges.