Wednesday, February 10, 2016

SP Friendly Cottage Pie


Syn free
Ingredients

  • 600g lean minced beef
  • 1 pint of beef stock (Syn free variety)
  • 1 large onion
  • frozen peas
  • frozen sweetcorn
  • 1tlbs Lee & Perrins sauce
For the mash
 
2 large carrots
2 small swedes
tbsp fat free Quark

Method

 
Put your oven on to warm at 200.  Peel and chop the carrots and swede, add them to a large pan of salted boiling water, bring the pan back to the boil and then simmer for 20-25 mins.

Add the mince to the pan, allow that to brown, and then add the onions and the stock.  Bring the pan to the boil and then simmer gently until the stock has started to thicken.  Add the frozen peas and sweetcorn into the pan and cook through for 2 minutes. I also season my cottage pie with some mixed herbs to give more flavour.

When the carrots and swede are tender drain them, add a tablespoon of quark and mash them until all the lumps have dissolved. If you still have some milk left from you HxA you could always use that instead.

Add to a casserole dish and then spread the carrot and swede mash on top, I love to add a sprinkle of cheese to the top if I haven’t used my HxA allowance for the day.

I absolutely love cottage pie with the carrot and swede topping I think it adds a nice sweetness, I don’t think I would go back to using potatoes now. If you are trying out the new Slimming World SP plan you can have this completely free, it is also free on the normal EE plan


3 comments:

  1. ERm .... correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that peas and sweetcorn are NOT Sp compatible ... they are not speed veg .... free yes, but now speed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to be not .... not now speed! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete