Ready in: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving: FREE
Low-calorie cooking spray
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 large red onions, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 cups (14oz) asparagus tips
8 large eggs
1¼ cups (10oz) low-fat cottage cheese
Small handful of chopped fresh tarragon
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 4–5 minutes or until softened. Spoon the onion mixture into a 9in baking dish.
3) Meanwhile, cook the asparagus tops in lightly salted boiling water for 2–3 minutes then drain well. Mix the eggs, cottage cheese and tarragon in a bowl and spoon over the onion mixture.
4) Top the quiche with the asparagus tips and bake for 30–35 minutes or until just set and lightly browned.
5) Serve warm with a large crisp garden salad.