Cook time: Ready in about 1 hour, plus 2 hours' freezing time
Ready in: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving: 3½
An update on the retro pud that made school dinners worth having!
- 350g reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 6 medium eggs, separated
- 25g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- 200g mixed berries, to serve
- Allow the ice cream to soften at room temperature for 10 minutes.
4. Turn the sponge out onto a clean sheet of baking paper and carefully peel off the paper you baked it on. Unwrap the ice cream and put it lengthways down the middle of the sponge. Using the baking paper to help you, roll the sponge around the ice cream to enclose it and twist the ends of the paper to secure. Place the roll on its seam in the freezer and freeze for 2 hours.
5. About 10 minutes before serving, carefully remove the baking paper. Trim the edges of the roll and cut into 16 thin slices. Divide between 8 plates and serve with the berries.
Tip: GO CHOCOLATEY! - Make a chocolate roll by adding 1 level tbsp of cocoa powder to the egg yolk mixture in step 2. Add ½ Syn per serving.
source : http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/arctic-roll-with-summer-berries.aspx