- wholemeal bread - 4 slices
- large eggs, separated - 2
- English mustard powder - 1 tsp
- mild paprika or cayenne pepper - 1 tsp
- reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, finely grated - 160g
1. Preheat your grill to medium-high.
2. Very lightly toast the slices of bread on both sides and place them on a baking tray.
3. Whisk the eggs whites in a bowl until they form soft peaks and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the egg yolks, mustard powder, paprika or cayenne pepper and cheese.
5. Fold in the egg whites and stir until well mixed.
6. Carefully spoon the mixture onto the slices of bread, place under the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
credit : syns.co.uk