s=speed weight loss
ss=super speed weight loss
ff= free foods
sff= super free food
- Iceland Pre-cooked chicken chunks 300g (ff)
- 4 smoked bacon rashers, all fat removed (ff)
- 3 or 4 Sainsbury “be good to yourself” extra lean Cumberland sausage depending on how small you want the “pigs in blankets” to be (0.5 syn per sausage)(ff)
- Small box of stuffing mix (optional) Sainsbury’s “Basic Stuffing”. Makes up to 24 balls (0.45 syns each) remove as many as you want and freeze the rest.
- 2 Ltr of Knorr chicken stock pot
- Cupful of frozen peas (ss)(ff)
- 2 potatoes, peeled (ff)
- 2 medium onions (s)(sff)
- 2 cloves of garlic (sff)
- 2 carrots (s)(sff)
- 1 celery stick (s)(sff)
- 1 parsnip (s)(sff)
- Dash of Worcester sauce
- Dried sage
Put the chicken in a saucepan, cover in chicken stock, keep the rest of the stock, and cook until the meat falls apart, remove and allow to cool, then shred the meat, set to one side.
Put the sausages into the fridge and chill, remove and slide the meat out of each skin, cut into 3 or 4 pieces, depending whether you want small or large “pigs in blankets” remove any fat from the bacon and cut diagonally to make 2 triangle pieces, roll the sausage meat from the widest end until you reach the end, return to the fridge until you want to cook. Freeze any remaining ones. Made the stuffing balls as directed on the package. Freeze any remaining ones. Cook in the oven with the sausages, for about 20 mins until cooked & browned.
Lightly fry the rough chopped onions, celery & cloves in a large soup pan. Add the stock, dried sage and peeled roughly chopped potatoes. Peel and chop the carrots & parsnip into small pieces, Leave to simmer for 25 mins until the vegetables are soft then blitz with the hand blender to make a rustic soup base. Season with Worcester Sauce, salt and pepper.
Add the chicken and peas to the soup base & simmer for 20 minutes. Plate up & place the stuffing balls & “pigs in blankets” on the top of the soup.
CREDIT : minimins