Cook time: Ready in about 1 hour
Ready in: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving: ½
This simple chicken and mushroom pie recipe will be a huge hit with the whole family!
- 900g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 85ml vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the filling:
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 4 baby leeks, finely chopped
- 4 lean rashers of bacon, all visible fat removed and roughly chopped
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g baby button mushrooms
- 2 portobello mushrooms, finely chopped
- 400ml chicken stock
- 1 level tbsp chicken gravy granules
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- A small handful of fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas 7. Boil the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. Drain, return to the pan and add the vegetable stock. Mash until smooth, season and set aside.
Preheat a large, non-stick pan over a medium heat and cook the chicken breasts for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Allow to cool slightly and cut into large, bite-size pieces and set aside.
Spray a pan with Frylight. Add the leeks, bacon, spring onions, garlic and mushrooms. Stir-fry over a high heat for 6-8 minutes. Stir in the stock, gravy granules and mustard powder. Season, bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 5-6 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken chunks and tarragon. Spoon this mixture into four individual pie dishes, or one medium-size one. Top each pie with the mashed potato to form a 'lid' and brush with beaten egg. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until bubbling and golden.
ARTICLE SOURCE : http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/chicken-and-mushroom-pies.aspx