Ready in: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving: 2
This one is set to become a Friday night Food Optimising favourite. Who needs a takeaway when comfort food tastes this good?
- 4 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 4 chicken thighs, skinned
- 900g large new potatoes, quartered into wedges
- 30g sachet fajita seasoning mix
- 8 mini corn on the cobs
- A handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, to garnish
For the coleslaw:
- 200g summer cabbage, quartered, cored and shredded
- 2 carrots, coarsley grated
- 4 level tbsp extra-light mayonnaise
- 4 spring onions, finely shredded
Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°Fan/Gas 6. Cut a few slits into the chicken drumsticks and thighs and put them in a large roasting tin with the wedges. Sprinkle over the Cajun seasoning and toss everything together.
Roast in the oven for 50 minutes, mixing occasionally. Add the corn cobs halfway through the cooking time.
For the coleslaw, put the cabbage in a colander. Pour over a kettle full of just-boiled water, letting it drain, to soften the cabbage slightly. Cool it quickly with cold water and let it drain again.
Add the carrot to the colander. Sprinkle over a good pinch of salt and mix well (this both seasons the veg and draws out some of the moisture). Leave to drain for 15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and mix together well with the mayonnaise and shredded spring onions.
Divide the spicy chicken, potatoes and corn cobs between four plates, garnish with chopped flat-leaf parsley and serve with the coleslaw on the side.
ARTICLE SOURCE : http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/cajun-chicken-with-spicy-potato-wedges-and-coleslaw.aspx