Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Ready in: Less than 30 Minutes
Suitable for vegetarians
Syns per serving: FREE
Usually fried this Indian street food snack is baked here for a healthy, delicious starter.
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 onion, peeled and very finely chopped
- 200g freshly mashed potato
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 small egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp roasted coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- 2 tsp roasted cumin seeds crushed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- Low calorie cooking spray
Place the chickpeas and onion in a food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes or until roughly mashed.
Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the potatoes, chilli powder, turmeric, egg, roasted coriander and cumin seeds and the chopped herbs. Season well with salt, cover and chill in the fridge for 5-6 hours or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Divide the chickpea mixture into 12 portions and shape each one into a flat cake or patty.
Place the patties on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through. Serve immediately with cucumber.
ARTICLE SOURCE : http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/chickpea-patties.aspx